EUROPE: Bacardi signs Heinemann deal to extend Glen Deveron launch
The Glen Deveron Royal Burgh range was launched last year
Bacardi is to expand the footprint of its Glen Deveron Royal Burgh Collection with a launch into more European airports.
The range of three aged Scotch whisky single malts, which was launched in UK and Spanish Travel Retail last year, will now be available in all Heinemann duty-free stores in cities including Frankfurt, Copenhagen and Oslo, Bacardi said on Friday (25 April). It follows the February roll-out of a Chinese traveller-targetted packaging design for the range in London's Heathrow.
A Bacardi spokesperson said the range, which was created for the “specific demands” of malt whisky consumers in Travel Retail, gives “clear traveller differentiation” and a reason to shop in the channel.
The Glen Deveron range features 16-, 20- and 30-year-old expressions.
Environmental sustainability in the global drinks industry in 2013
Environmental sustainability remains one of the most active areas for the global drinks industry. This four-part report takes an in-depth look at the buzz topic of environmental sustainability throug...read more
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part IV
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Crimson Wine Group appoints new CEO