EUROPE: Bacardi signs Heinemann deal to extend Glen Deveron launch
The Glen Deveron Royal Burgh range was launched last year
Bacardi is to expand the footprint of its Glen Deveron Royal Burgh Collection with a launch into more European airports.
The range of three aged Scotch whisky single malts, which was launched in UK and Spanish Travel Retail last year, will now be available in all Heinemann duty-free stores in cities including Frankfurt, Copenhagen and Oslo, Bacardi said on Friday (25 April). It follows the February roll-out of a Chinese traveller-targetted packaging design for the range in London's Heathrow.
A Bacardi spokesperson said the range, which was created for the “specific demands” of malt whisky consumers in Travel Retail, gives “clear traveller differentiation” and a reason to shop in the channel.
The Glen Deveron range features 16-, 20- and 30-year-old expressions.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts