UK: Bacardi rum launches global ad push
The GBP8m (US$14.9m) campaign, dubbed "You In?" starts on 1 August and attempts to position Bacardi as a "free-spirited" brand. The campaign will include outdoor advertising for Bacardi and will see two ads hit TV and cinema screens throughout the month and into the autumn.
Sharon Reid, marketing manager for Bacardi at Bacardi Brown-Forman brands, said today (21 July) that the "You In?" campaign would promote the brand's "free-spirited attitude to life".
She said: "The Latin Quarter campaign tended to eclipse the brand's credentials of free-spiritedness. This campaign takes Bacardi into wider territory. Most brands talk down to people but 'You In?' is all about talking to people and connecting with people."
The "You In?" campaign is also set to include a heavy interactive element. Satellite viewers in the UK will be provided with the chance to access interactive content promoting the campaign and the chance to win tickets for music festivals next summer. The Bacardi website - www.bacardi.co.uk - will also be relaunched, Reid said.
She added: "In that context, the 'You in?' idea on the ads is a call to action for consumers to register on the site and get involved."
Diageo is targeting Absolut vodka in India with the launch of a "super-premium" Smirnoff variant next month....
Indian spirits manufacturer Radico Khaitan is looking at buying some of the liquor assets of South India-based Amruth Group....
Bacardi is set to launch a marketing assault behind Noilly Prat vermouth to raise international awareness of the brand....
Malibu-Kahlúa International, the US-based Pernod Ricard subsidiary that manages the Malibu brand, has unveiled new-look packaging for the Caribbean flavoured rum. The packaging is the first of what wi...
Havana Club International, the rum joint venture between Pernod Ricard and the Cuban government, plans to open a distillery on the island....
Blavod Extreme Spirits has posted a sound set of first-half results with a leap in sales helping to narrow losses....
The Swedish government has confirmed that it is planning to sell off V&S Group, the owner of Absolut vodka. The centre-right government, which came to power in September, officially announced today (1...
The chairman of Rémy Cointreau has insisted the French Champagne and spirits group is "not a takeover target"....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research