UK: Bacardi Rum launches £12m plus marketing campaign
In an attempt to challenge vodka as the default white spirit of the youth, Bacardi Rum is launching a new television advertisement and a "Latin Quarter" marketing campaign worth over £12m (US$17.4m).
Starring footballer and Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels film star Vinnie Jones, the new television execution hit UK TV screens nationwide last week across all channels
Entitled 'Ice', the advertisement shows a giant block of ice falling off the back of a lorry and careering out of control followed by Vinnie Jones. The ice then smashes into smithereens at a house party in the 'Latin Quarter' where Jones takes in the party atmosphere with a Bacardi in hand.
The advertisement will also be supported by an above the line marketing campaign echoing the 'Latin Quarter' party atmosphere as seen in the advertisement.
This includes a website complete with a 2000 strong database of UK venues. Bacardi has also teamed up with Capital FM radio and their associated regional stations in a hunt to find a star and showbiz reporter, to be known as the Bacardi VIP.
This is the beginning of a campaign to move Bacardi back into the core reportoire of 18-to 25-year-olds.
Marie Carter, senior trade marketing manager for Bacardi-Martini said: "Many consumers do not necessarily consider Bacardi Rum to be in their core reportoire of drinks.
"We are confident that this new TV execution and associated Latin Quarter campaign will help update peoples' perceptions by demonstrating the sociable, party characteristics of Bacardi and thereby taking it to a new generation of drinkers," she added.
Companies: Bacardi Ltd
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
As the US distillers' association, Discus, for the first time in its history publishes its annual report into spirits advertising, which includes complaints against its self-regulatory code, David Rob...
The board of directors of Bacardi Limited have completed the company's chairman succession plan by electing Facundo L. Bacardi chairman of the board effective immediately....
Spirits producer Bacardi has been ordered by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to comply with the Clean Water Act with regard to waste water discharges into the Atlantic Ocean from its dist...
Pernod Ricard is pushing the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to release more info about one of its competitors, according to press reports....
Bacardi has announced a succession plan for the company's chairmanship....
Bacardi has unveiled the identity of its new CEO and president....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends