BERMUDA: Bacardi reviews global advertising
Bacardi Global Brands has launched a wide-ranging review of its advertising strategy.
Bacardi Global Brands, which is responsible for nine drinks brands worldwide, has begun a "thorough internal review" of all advertising agencies it works with, a Bacardi spokesperson has confirmed to just-drinks.
She said the group, which works with more than 50 ad agencies on brands such as Bacardi and Grey Goose vodka, expected the review to take several months.
"We want to know if we are using our agencies to the best of their skills and if we could have better utilisation of agencies," the spokesperson said, adding that no decisions had yet been made, and that the review did not reflect any problems with agencies Bacardi has been working with.
Bacardi recently agreed a deal to buy an unspecified minority stake in Tequila maker the Patrón Spirits Company. It also announced on 4 August that Seamus McBride, formerly of Colgate-Palmolive, will replace Andreas Gembler as president and CEO, from the beginning of next month.
Increased investment by multinationals is transforming the rum sector which, according to a new report from just-drinks and IWSR, could be the next "hot" international spirits category. Ben Cooper rep...
A raft of recent reports looking at the US spirits market have suggested that, while times are tough in the country, they could be a whole lot worse. Chris Mercer takes a closer look at the numbers t...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Russian Standard Vodka is to be distributed in South East Asia by Maxxium Worldwide, with Maxxium partner Beam Global Spirits & Wine set to take lead responsibility and eventual distribution control i...
Long Island Spirits has entered into a distribution relationship with Winebow, the third largest distributor in New York, for its LiV Vodka brand....
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has lowered its full-year sales and profit guidance for 2009, on the back of weakening local currencies....
The Distilled Spirits Council (DISCUS) has confirmed a raft of changes to its Code of Responsible Practices....
Scotch whisky group William Grant & Sons has signed a new distribution deal in the US with The Charmer Sunbelt Group, as part of its strategy to reinvigorate Stolichnaya vodka in the country....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages