UK: Bacardi renames Gold brand
Bacardi has renamed its golden rum Bacardi Gold with its original brand name Bacardi Oro, to give the product global consistency. Bacardi Oro was first produced in 1862, with Oro being the Spanish name for gold. But the brand was renamed when it was first introduced into the UK. "Over recent years 'Gold' has become a generic name while Oro provides the Bacardi rum brand with a unique point of difference versus other golden rum," Bacardi-Martini said in a statement.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch