UK: Bacardi renames Gold brand
Bacardi has renamed its golden rum Bacardi Gold with its original brand name Bacardi Oro, to give the product global consistency. Bacardi Oro was first produced in 1862, with Oro being the Spanish name for gold. But the brand was renamed when it was first introduced into the UK. "Over recent years 'Gold' has become a generic name while Oro provides the Bacardi rum brand with a unique point of difference versus other golden rum," Bacardi-Martini said in a statement.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit