US: Bacardi refutes IPO reports - update
An article in the UK newspaper the Independent on Sunday reported yesterday that the company had drawn up a list of investment bank candidates to help it with plans for a flotation, including Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse First Boston and Merrill Lynch.
However, in a statement released to just-drinks, the company strongly denied these claims.
"It is absolutely 100% untrue that Bacardi Ltd is talking with investment banks about a possible £5 billion flotation as reported in the Sunday March 30th edition of The Independent. Not only is the figure preposterous, but Bacardi is not talking with investment banks about a possible change in the capital structure."
Earlier this month the Bermuda-based company sent out proxies to all shareholders seeking their approval to increase Bacardi's capital structure, which would require the issuance of additional shares beyond the 23.5 million currently held by stock holders.
Many believe this could be the first step toward an initial public offering. Bacardi has around 600 shareholders, the vast majority of which are members of the controlling Rodriguez family, who rejected an IPO when it was last proposed in 1999.
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
As the US distillers' association, Discus, for the first time in its history publishes its annual report into spirits advertising, which includes complaints against its self-regulatory code, David Rob...
The board of directors of Bacardi Limited have completed the company's chairman succession plan by electing Facundo L. Bacardi chairman of the board effective immediately....
Spirits producer Bacardi has been ordered by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to comply with the Clean Water Act with regard to waste water discharges into the Atlantic Ocean from its dist...
Pernod Ricard is pushing the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to release more info about one of its competitors, according to press reports....
Bacardi has announced a succession plan for the company's chairmanship....
Bacardi has unveiled the identity of its new CEO and president....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research