Bacardi refreshes namesake rum pack
Bacardi's new look for its core rum range
Bacardi has unveiled a new packaging design for its namesake rum brand, designed to reflect the brand's “unique heritage”.
The new bottle – which is the first redesign for around a decade – is slimmer, taller and “more cylindrical”, the company said. The change marks a return to the original Spanish names for the portfolio of rums, with Superior, Gold and Black becoming 'Carta Blanca' , 'Carta Oro' and 'Carta Negra'.
The refresh highlights Bacardi's roots in Cuba, where the company was established in 1862. However, since being exiled from Cuba in 1960, following the country's revolution, the privately-owned Bacardi has been based in Bermuda and its rums are predominantly produced in Puerto Rico and Mexico.
“Our vision was to create a bottle that told the story of Bacardi, its unique heritage and the masterful crafting that goes into the creation of each of our premium rums,” said Bacardi's global brand director, Caroline Hipperson.
The new bottles launch in the UK today and will be released across other European markets from March, and then to further global markets from April.
Late last year, following a move to normalise relations between Cuba and the US, Bacardi said it is "proud of its Cuban roots" and will "wait and see what the impacts are" from deal.
With just seven weeks left until the start of ProWein, just-drinks sat down with lead organiser Michael Degan to ask what makes the wine and spirits show one of the biggest draws on the alcohol calend...
Pernod Ricard has agreed to take majority control of German dry-gin brand Monkey 47, from owners Black Forest Distillers....
United Breweries has launched Kingfisher Buzz as it targets Bacardi's dominance in India's RTD market....
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends