GLOBAL: Bacardi pushes anti-drink driving with Schumacher
Bacardi has unveiled a global tie-up with former racing driver Michael Schumacher to emphasise the dangers of drink-driving.
'Champions Drink Responsibly', which was announced today (2 April), will include advertising, consumer engagements, public relations and digital media, designed to raise awareness about responsible drinking with a focus on communicating an international 'drinking and driving don't mix' social responsibility message.
The first phase of the campaign, featuring broadcast and print advertising, was unveiled today at the Autoworld Museum in Brussels by Schumacher and Bacardi, with additional international and regional consumer campaign elements rolling out over the next two years.
The campaign will be rolled out initially across 40 countries, with adverts featuring Schumacher available in 15 and 20 second lengths for television, cinema and online media. In addition, there will be a print campaign featuring different statements from Schumacher, including: "A word of advice if you are going out tonight. Taxi."
"As a leading global spirits company, we take our responsibility to educate consumers about responsible drinking very seriously," said Andreas Gembler, Bacardi's president and CEO. "I am delighted that we are joined in our efforts by such a high-profile individual as Michael Schumacher. His passion matches our own and together I know we can have a great impact in raising awareness."
As part of the launch, Bacardi become a signatory of the European Road Safety Charter at a signing ceremony with European Union Transport Commissioner Jacques Barrot. The European Road Safety Charter provides tangible contributions to increasing road safety in Europe with the aim of halving the number of traffic fatalities on European roads by 2010.
Diageo appears to be making light of the economic downturn, turning in highly respectable year-end figures late last month, but some brands performed better than others. In the second part of this spe...
Vodka is the drink of the moment in the Dominican Republic, growing 50% in 2007 according to recent research from the IWSR....
In its elegant decanter, Patrón is a symbol of the maturing Tequila market. Its traditional 'shooter and slammer' image is long gone and in its place is a much more sophisticated drink now sipped by s...
Pernod Ricard has consolidated its distribution footprint in Israel....
The Bacardi Group has expanded its deal with the Y&R advertising agency to include Bacardi Flavors and Bacardi Gold Rum....
Bacardi has hailed the success of its latest promotional push in the UK on-trade....
Bacardi Global Brands has launched a wide-ranging review of its advertising strategy....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news the world's number one wine group was to reduce its Australian footprint, Coca-Cola has acquired assets in Colombia and Diageo i...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer