BERMUDA: Bacardi posts record sales as net falls
Bacardi Ltd, the Bermuda-based maker of Bacardi rum, posted record sales for the fiscal year ended March 31, even as net earnings fell, the company's annual report said. Sales rose to US$3.1 billion, in part due to a strong exchange rate against the euro, the introduction of new products and gains in ready-to-drink beverages like Bacardi Breezers. Bombay Sapphire gin saw double-digit volume growth, though Bacardi rum sales were flat and Dewar's sales fell 5%, the report said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo’s H1 2017 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- AB InBev targets South Africa with redundancy plan
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater 24 packaging revamp