BERMUDA: Bacardi posts record sales as net falls
Bacardi Ltd, the Bermuda-based maker of Bacardi rum, posted record sales for the fiscal year ended March 31, even as net earnings fell, the company's annual report said. Sales rose to US$3.1 billion, in part due to a strong exchange rate against the euro, the introduction of new products and gains in ready-to-drink beverages like Bacardi Breezers. Bombay Sapphire gin saw double-digit volume growth, though Bacardi rum sales were flat and Dewar's sales fell 5%, the report said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends