BERMUDA: Bacardi posts record sales as net falls
Bacardi Ltd, the Bermuda-based maker of Bacardi rum, posted record sales for the fiscal year ended March 31, even as net earnings fell, the company's annual report said. Sales rose to US$3.1 billion, in part due to a strong exchange rate against the euro, the introduction of new products and gains in ready-to-drink beverages like Bacardi Breezers. Bombay Sapphire gin saw double-digit volume growth, though Bacardi rum sales were flat and Dewar's sales fell 5%, the report said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends