BERMUDA: Bacardi poaches Campari exec to head LatAm
The spirits company said earlier today (5 July) that Paolo Perego will move across from Campari. The current chief operating officer of Campari's North America operations will assume his new role with Bacardi on Monday (9 July).
Perego replaces Rich Andrews, who was appointed MD of Bacardi’s operations in the UK and Ireland last month. Having started with Campari 22 years ago, Perego has held a variety of marketing, commercial and executive management positions with the Italian company, including MD of the South America business.
He will “manage the execution of the overall strategy” for Bacardi's Latin American region, which comprises 19 markets driven by Mexico, Brazil and Colombia.
He will also become a member of Bacardi's 'Leadership Team' and will work out of Bacardi Americas' headquarters in Florida.
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review