BERMUDA: Bacardi poaches Campari exec to head LatAm
The spirits company said earlier today (5 July) that Paolo Perego will move across from Campari. The current chief operating officer of Campari's North America operations will assume his new role with Bacardi on Monday (9 July).
Perego replaces Rich Andrews, who was appointed MD of Bacardi’s operations in the UK and Ireland last month. Having started with Campari 22 years ago, Perego has held a variety of marketing, commercial and executive management positions with the Italian company, including MD of the South America business.
He will “manage the execution of the overall strategy” for Bacardi's Latin American region, which comprises 19 markets driven by Mexico, Brazil and Colombia.
He will also become a member of Bacardi's 'Leadership Team' and will work out of Bacardi Americas' headquarters in Florida.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends