US: Bacardi plans 'Discerning' Grey Goose campaign
Bacardi has lined up its first promotional campaign for Grey Goose vodka in the US.
The company said today (29 August) that the advertising push, which will coincide with the US Open Tennis Championships for which the brand is promotional partner, will be its first since it bought Grey Goose three years ago.
The 'Discerning Taste' advertising campaign will appear in target outlets such as the Golf Channel, ESPN, and HD Networks and in print outlets such as BlackBook, Departures, GQ, Golf Digest, Travel + Leisure, Vanity Fair and Wine Spectator, said the company.
Grey Goose Vodka VP and group director Monsell Darville said: "By distinguishing the mark of the Grey Goose as representative of the most discerning taste, we expect to further increase the impetus behind this icon."
Premium and super-premium brands have been important drivers in the growing vodka category for some time but among the key trends forecast in a recent report on the vodka market from just-drinks is th...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Anheuser-Busch and Miller Brewing have been hit with subpoenas in the US over their sales and marketing of their caffeinated alcoholic drinks brands....
Vin & Sprit has completed the clearance of one of its Swedish facilities, with its Cognac production moving to Cognac, France....
Global Brands, the UK drinks group which markets the VK Vodka Kick brand, has launched a ready-to-drink (RTD) Mojito cocktail....
Diageo is launching a music-themed campaign for its market-leading vodka brand, Smirnoff, in the US....
Fortune Brands is the favourite of four remaining candidates to buy state-owned Vin & Sprit, according to sources in Stockholm....
Vin & Sprit has announced a collaboration with Grammy-winning rap star Kanye West for its vodka brand Absolut in the US....
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline