US: Bacardi on hunt for new CEO - reports
Bacardi is on the look out for a new CEO, according to the Miami Herald. The drinks group is planning to split current CEO and chairman Ruben Rodriguez's role with him holding on to the chair, sources were reported as saying.
The new appointment would take on the role of chief executive and president, with responsibility for overseeing the daily operation of the company.
Rodriguez will be 65 this year. However a Bacardi spokesperson was quoted as saying: "We have a process in place that all employees know about to prepare for one day when Ruben Rodriguez retires from being CEO. He is in no hurry, and there is no timetable.''
There is an informal shareholders' meeting in January where the issue of Rodriguez's succession will be discussed.
The Herald said that an executive search company had been hired by Bacardi, however, given its track record, the appointment is more likely to come within the company's own ranks.
News of a possible change in structure of the board comes at a time when Bacardi is also apparently considering a number of ways of injecting the business with fresh capital, and shareholders, it is believed, are once more being asked to consider the possibility of an IPO.
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
As the US distillers' association, Discus, for the first time in its history publishes its annual report into spirits advertising, which includes complaints against its self-regulatory code, David Rob...
The board of directors of Bacardi Limited have completed the company's chairman succession plan by electing Facundo L. Bacardi chairman of the board effective immediately....
Spirits producer Bacardi has been ordered by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to comply with the Clean Water Act with regard to waste water discharges into the Atlantic Ocean from its dist...
Pernod Ricard is pushing the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to release more info about one of its competitors, according to press reports....
Bacardi has announced a succession plan for the company's chairmanship....
Bacardi has unveiled the identity of its new CEO and president....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research