MEXICO: Bacardi mourns death of Mexico chief
Spirits giant Bacardi has announced the death of the executive president of its Mexican subsidiary.
Manuel Rubiralta Diaz, 63, died unexpectedly yesterday (21 May) in Bermuda.
Rubiralta has been overseeing Bacardi's commerical activities in Mexico since 2000.
"We are deeeply honoured to have known Manuel as a friend and as president of Bacardi Mexico over the last seven years," said Facundo L. Bacardi, chairman of Bacardi Ltd. "Manuel was successful in leading Bacardi Mexico out of their difficult operating environment to becoming the leading spirits company in Mexico today. His integrity and commitment served as a beacon of light within the company."
Rubiralta is survived by his wife and three children.
On the back of a raft of acquisitions, Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has grown to become a major force in both the Polish and Hungarian spirits markets. Bill Carey, the company's ch...
The privatisation of Swedish state-owned alcohol concern Vin & Sprit has been brought forward as an indirect result of the US sub-prime mortgage crisis, Swedish media has reported....
Bacardi is looking to focus on the premium status of its Dewar's Scotch whisky portfolio, with the opening of a new facility in Scotland....
Bacardi has finalised a deal to buy a plot of land in Scotland as part of its expansion plans for the Dewar's Scotch whisky portfolio....
Davide Campari-Milano is eyeing the whisky category, according to reports....
India is the largest market for Bacardi superior rum, and this success has motivated Bacardi-Martini India to launch Bacardi Apple in Mumbai, to be rolled out nationwide....
Bacardi has unveiled plans to launch its Grey Goose vodka brand in a limited edition Emporio Armani bottle in the UK, with sale proceeds going to charity....
Bacardi has become an investor in the ultra premium cachaça Leblon....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends