US: Bacardi Martini to advertise Bombay Sapphire on TV
Bacardi Martini is to advertise its Bombay Sapphire gin brand on TV for the first time. The campaign is to break at the beginning of June with ads being aired on three national cable networks: Bravo, Outdoor Life and USA.
The ads, which will run for a month and then return for the holiday shopping season, have been created by the agency Margeotes/Fertitta & Partners in New York.
The budget for the TV campaign was not disclosed; Bacardi spends about $9m a year on Bombay's advertising, which has hitherto been principally allocated to press advertising.
Bacardi Martini's move comes only a few weeks after NBC decided against allowing spirits to advertise on its national network. While the national networks do not air liquor ads - while carrying ads for wine and beer - hard spirits have been advertised extensively on local stations and cable networks as well as on the radio since 1996.
Companies: Bacardi Ltd
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
As the US distillers' association, Discus, for the first time in its history publishes its annual report into spirits advertising, which includes complaints against its self-regulatory code, David Rob...
Spirits producer Bacardi has been ordered by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to comply with the Clean Water Act with regard to waste water discharges into the Atlantic Ocean from its dist...
Pernod Ricard is pushing the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to release more info about one of its competitors, according to press reports....
Bacardi has announced a succession plan for the company's chairmanship....
Bacardi has unveiled the identity of its new CEO and president....
The chairman and chief executive of Bacardi International Ltd. is to retire, according to press reports....
Bacardi Limited and The Glenmorangie Company have said their UK and European distribution agreements will come to an end on 30th June 2005. Moet Hennessy, which acquired The Glenmorangie Company at th...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends