UK: Bacardi Martini targets "stylish" ladies with Martini Bianco push
Martini Bianco gets a UK on-trade push
Bacardi Martini has lined up a GBP2m (US$3.1m) push for the Martini Bianco variant in the UK, centred around a suggested serve in the country's on-trade.
The sales, marketing and distribution joint venture said late last week that it will target the post-work, “playful” consumption session between 1700 and 2000 with the campaign. The serve, known as Martini Royale, comprises 7cl of Martini Bianco and 7cl of Prosecco, served over ice with a squeeze of lime and a sprig of mint.
The serve forms the main prong of a marketing campaign that has been designed to appeal to 20- to 30-year old “stylish” females. The activity will include sampling in selected on-trade accounts, a media partnership with ES magazine and digital and print advertising.
The Martini Royale has an RSP of GBP4.50 per serving.
The Martini stable includes Martini Bianco, Rosato, Rosso, Extra Dry, Asti, Prosecco, Rosé and Brut.
This month, Ian Buxton takes a look at an idea that, should it come to fruition, will send shockwaves through the Scotch whisky industry. In Scotland, he notes, there seems to be water, water everywhe...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future