INDIA: Bacardi-Martini cracks Tamil Nadu spirits market
Bacardi expands in India
The Bermuda-based spirits group is the first international brand to launch in this market through a local partner, SNJ Distilleries, as is required by state policy.
Bacardi India's CEO, Mahesh Madhavan, said: “For us it’s a big breakthrough, coming after 12 years of being here in India.” Tamil Nadu is predominantly a brandy and beer market.
“Our presence is important and consumers here are familiar with international brands due to exposure to South-East Asian markets,” Madhavan told just-drinks today (14 January). He declined to give a volume target in he state.
“The association with a prestigious brand like Bacardi makes us certain of a successful and long-term relationship”, said SN Jayamurugan, chairman & MD of SNJ Distilleries, which will supply the spirits to a state-owned marketing agency for sale.
Bacardi has released a television advert for its Grey Goose vodka brand in the US....
Bacardi has started a television and cinema advertising campaign in the UK for its namesake rum brand....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research