UK: Bacardi-Martini appoints marketing director
Bacardi-Martini UK has appointed Andrew Carter, formerly director of marketing for spirits, to the position of marketing director of its entire portfolio.
The move gives Carter, who joined the company in November 2004, a seat on Bacardi-Martini's executive board. Carter's promotion follows Maurice Doyle's move to become managing director for global duty free last November and Bacardi-Martini's decision to split the management of commercial business into sales and marketing functions.
Carter will retain responsibilities for the long-term strategic development of the Bacardi rum portfolio, as well as Martini, Grey Goose vodka, Bombay Sapphire gin and Bacardi Breezer.
However, Carter will now take charge of other consumer and trade marketing, including trade marketing for brands including Jack Daniels, Southern Comfort and Finlandia vodka, distributed in the UK by Bacardi's joint venture with Brown Forman.
Bacardi-Martini UK chief executive John Beard said: "After a hugely successful first year at Bacardi-Martini we are delighted to have Andrew join the executive team as marketing director. In his short time at Bacardi-Martini, Andrew has led the marketing team in continuing to develop our premium spirits portfolio and was the architect of the launch of the new Bacardi Carta Blanca rum advertising campaign launched last year."
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
As the US distillers' association, Discus, for the first time in its history publishes its annual report into spirits advertising, which includes complaints against its self-regulatory code, David Rob...
Spirits producer Bacardi has been ordered by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to comply with the Clean Water Act with regard to waste water discharges into the Atlantic Ocean from its dist...
Pernod Ricard is pushing the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to release more info about one of its competitors, according to press reports....
Bacardi has announced a succession plan for the company's chairmanship....
Bacardi has unveiled the identity of its new CEO and president....
The chairman and chief executive of Bacardi International Ltd. is to retire, according to press reports....
Bacardi Limited and The Glenmorangie Company have said their UK and European distribution agreements will come to an end on 30th June 2005. Moet Hennessy, which acquired The Glenmorangie Company at th...
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report