GLOBAL: Bacardi lines up Martini F1 lead sponsorship of Williams Team
Click through to view Williams Martini Racing's FW36 Formula One car
Bacardi has secured a major motorsport sponsorship deal for the Martini vermouth and sparkling wine brand.
The company announced earlier today (6 March) that Martini, which was created in Turin in 1863, will be the lead sponsor of the Williams Formula One racing team. Williams Martini Racing, as the team will be known, was unveiled at a press event in London.
The “multi-year agreement” gives Martini exclusive naming rights, with the brand appearing on the livery of the new FW36 race car. Off-track activations will run in the cities hosting grand prix starting from this coming season.
Financial details behind the agreement were not disclosed.
“Williams Martini Racing provides a powerful, integrated marketing platform and delivers dynamic opportunities that will strengthen the Martini brand,” said Andy Gibson, CMO of Bacardi and president of Bacardi Global Brands.
The Martini brand's relationship with motorsport dates back to 1968, when it was lead sponsor of Martini Racing. Four years later, the brand entered Formula One when it partnered with Tecno for a year. More recently, Martini was an official partner of Team Ferrari between 2006 and 2008.
This year's Formula One season starts next weekend with the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne.
Bacardi acquired the Martini & Rossi group in 1993.
For a company-sourced video of the launch event, click play, below.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
As a longstanding leader in alcoholic drinks in Austria, Bacardi-Martini Austria GmbH benefits from the great popularity of its strong international brands and keeps investing heavily in promotional a...
Last weekend, the Wall Street Journal published a fascinating article that looks at the more recent performance - or lack thereof - of Anheuser-Busch InBev's Budweiser brand in the US....
The world’s seventh largest spirits company, Bacardi also ranks 14th in the global wine market. This profile analyses Bacardi’s efforts to address the significant challenges facing its core fortified ...
I must be getting soft in my old age, but there are two drinks marketing campaigns that have recently launched, which have resonated particularly well with me. The one thing they have in common is tha...
Bacardi’s position as the world’s 12th biggest wine company by volume is based almost entirely on its Martini vermouth and other sparkling wine brand variants. With these products focused in the matur...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018