UK: Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distillery
Bacardi's Bombay Sapphire distillery which opens to the public next month
Bacardi is set to open its new Bombay Sapphire distillery in the UK to the public next month after a delay.
The “multi-million dollar” Laverstoke Mill facility, on a two-hectare site in Hampshire, will open to visitors from 1 October, the company said this week. The site, which dates back to the 10th Century, has been producing gin since August last year. Bacardi first announced plans for the distillery in 2012.
The facility also includes a “visitor experience” and bartenders’ training centre. Visitors will be able to see the glasshouses where the ten botanicals - juniper, lemon peel, grains of paradise, coriander, cubeb berries, orris root, almonds, cassia bark, liquorice, angelica - used in Bombay Sapphire are grown.
Asked about the delay to the visitor centre, a company spokesperson told just-drinks: “To ensure we have been dealing with every step of the process in the correct manner, some stages of the project have taken a little longer than planned.”
Bombay Sapphire was previously produced in Warrington by Quintessential Brands-owned G&J Greenall.
Like their counterparts in other food and drinks sectors, the world's major spirits producers have set sustainability targets for 2020, and in some cases beyond. Across the food and drinks arena, many...
Agricultural supply chains are an increasing area of focus for spirits companies, owing to the high proportion of the environmental footprint they represent and an increasing need to address pressing ...
The use of social media for marketing purposes by drinks industry companies can be segmented into four distinct campaign types, according to a new market research report from just-drinks....
The CEO of Diageo has said there is "still more work to be done" to address harmful drinking around the world....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020