UK: Bacardi launches viral and buzz ad campaign
Bacardi brands has launched its first global online viral and buzz marketing campaign. The company has teamed up with international Viral + Buzz Marketing Association (VBMA) members cdp-travissully, Digital Media Communications and The Viral Factory to run a campaign called "Planet Party."
"We're using the online marketing expertise of various VBMA members to extend our famous party spirit theme into a fun new campaign for 25- to 30- somethings," said Richie DiFranco, project manager at Bacardi Global Brands Inc. "With this project, we are kick-starting awareness exclusively among a wide group of entertainment-seeking, highly active online users."
The Planet Party theme is a "Journey from Space to Earth," where visitors travel the galaxy and the planet looking for the best places to party. They quickly discover that Earth is the only place in the universe to truly party. An intergalactic viral film clip, "Sucker," is now spreading around the web, inviting partygoers to the Planet Party microsite (http://www.planet-party.net/sucker), where they can download another clip called "Come." Visitors to the microsite can also explore a nightclub, load up Bacardi DJ, find cocktail recipes, and learn how to fit in on Earth, among other activities.
"This partnership demonstrates the power of the VBMA," said VBMA member, Pete Snyder, Founder and CEO of New Media Strategies. "As an international organisation made up of cutting-edge viral and buzz practitioners, VBMA offers a breadth and depth of expertise in this space that is unrivalled. New Media Strategies is very proud to be associated with such an influential organisation, and thrilled that tier-one brands like Bacardi are able to partner with the VBMA to drive their bottom lines."
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
Anheuser-Busch has revealed plans to launch a new variant in its Bacardi Silver range....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Piper-Heidsieck agrees three-year Oscars tie-up
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets