US: Bacardi launches pear-flavoured Grey Goose
Bacardi has extended its range of flavoured Grey Goose vodkas with the launch of a pear variant in the US.
Grey Goose La Poire will hit US shelves this month, the privately-owned spirits giant said yesterday (1 February).
The vodka joins three other flavours in the Grey Goose stable - vanilla, orange and citron. Monsell Darville, vice president and group director of Grey Goose vodkas said the launch is an example of the how the brand remained "at the forefront of cocktail culture".
Flavoured vodka remains the fastest-growing segment in the US vodka category, according to V&S, which earlier this week said cited flavours as a factor behind growing Absolut sales across the Atlantic.
Bacardi bought Grey Goose for a reputed US$2bn in 2004 from its creator Sidney Frank.
Late last year, the company bought New Zealand vodka producer 42 Below in a deal worth US$91m.
There has rarely been dull moment in recent years for anyone concerned with Stolichnaya, with a long-running rights dispute over the brand name, a switch to bottling the brand outside Russia and the t...
With interest surrounding the likely sale of Swedish spirits producer V&S Group growing by the day, there could be no better time to look at the company's flagship vodka brand Absolut and the opportun...
The health attributes of bottled water seem incontrovertible but the environmental issues surrounding the production and marketing of bottled water have opened what might have been viewed as a blamele...
Evans & Tate has rejected the latest bid from US-based Yarraman....
Lion Nathan today reconfirmed its full year guidance for net profit on the back of a small increase in beer sale volumes for the first nine months....
Whyte & Mackay has reduced its losses in its last fiscal year, according to recently-released accounts....
Evans & Tate has asked for further information about Yarraman Estate's bid to buy the Australian wine company....
CEDC has repackaged its Zubrowka Bison Grass Vodka in the UK in an effort to stand out on shelf as well as better communicate the brand's Polish heritage....
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research