GLOBAL: Bacardi launches “island” global campaign
Bacardi has launched a global multi-media advertising campaign entitled "Spirit of Bacardi".
The campaign will feature a TV platform, out-of-home advertising, digital, cinema, print and promotional support, with the first instalment entitled "The Island", the company said yesterday (12 October).
The commercial shows a group of young (21+) adults who escape their ordinary day by boat and build their own island, creating "a unique adventure", Bacardi said.
"The campaign is centred on the desire to get together with friends and create rewarding and memorable experiences," said Monsell Darville, vice president, managing director, Bacardi rums. "This is a very relevant message to our target consumer and one that seamlessly connects with Bacardi rum's global brand values."
The spot will run in markets around the world, first breaking in the US this month, Puerto Rico, Germany, and then the Netherlands and Canada. Other markets will follow, the company said.
The US portion of the global campaign includes a "multi-million dollar" spend from October to December.
"Island" will be supported by public relations and a digital campaign including iPhone/iPod downloads, Facebook and Twitter campaigns as well YouTube.
Pernod Ricard has said it plans to appeal this week's Havana Club legal ruling against the firm in the US....
Bacardi has claimed a legal victory in its long-running row with Pernod Ricard over the Havana Club trademark in the US....
UK cocktail ingredient firm Funkin has said it will invest US$500,000 in its expansion in the US....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Gruppo Campari US unit head steps down
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018