GLOBAL: Bacardi launches “island” global campaign
Bacardi has launched a global multi-media advertising campaign entitled "Spirit of Bacardi".
The campaign will feature a TV platform, out-of-home advertising, digital, cinema, print and promotional support, with the first instalment entitled "The Island", the company said yesterday (12 October).
The commercial shows a group of young (21+) adults who escape their ordinary day by boat and build their own island, creating "a unique adventure", Bacardi said.
"The campaign is centred on the desire to get together with friends and create rewarding and memorable experiences," said Monsell Darville, vice president, managing director, Bacardi rums. "This is a very relevant message to our target consumer and one that seamlessly connects with Bacardi rum's global brand values."
The spot will run in markets around the world, first breaking in the US this month, Puerto Rico, Germany, and then the Netherlands and Canada. Other markets will follow, the company said.
The US portion of the global campaign includes a "multi-million dollar" spend from October to December.
"Island" will be supported by public relations and a digital campaign including iPhone/iPod downloads, Facebook and Twitter campaigns as well YouTube.
Pernod Ricard has said it plans to appeal this week's Havana Club legal ruling against the firm in the US....
Bacardi has claimed a legal victory in its long-running row with Pernod Ricard over the Havana Club trademark in the US....
UK cocktail ingredient firm Funkin has said it will invest US$500,000 in its expansion in the US....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview