THAILAND: Bacardi launches Dewar's - report
Bacardi has reportedly launched an offensive on the premium whisky market in Thailand.
A report in Thai newspaper The Nation said today (31 August) that Bacardi had started selling its Dewar's White Label brand in the Asian country. The privately-owned spirits giant also plans to launch sister brand Dewar's 12-year-old, the report said.
"We expected Dewar's White Label to gain at least 10% of the local 300,000-case premium Scotch whisky segment in the next 12 months," Sompong Choakpibulkarn, senior marketing manager for Bacardi in Thailand, told the newspaper.
Choakpibulkarn added that Bacardi planned to use its global ad campaign for the brand, dubbed 'Dewarism' to support the launch of White Label.
The vodka sector's capacity for growth, particularly in the US, appears unbounded, and the big spirits players are all keen to gain full advantage. Major companies have recently swooped for the Svedka...
Bacardi has strengthened its global travel retail division in the Americas with two new appointments....
US spirits group Sidney Frank Importing Co. is set to launch an assault on the US rum market with an "ultra-premium" offering from Barbados....
V&S Group has insisted it can do more to drive profits and boost the value of the business. The comments came after V&S chief executive Bengt Baron said the Swedish state-owned company is not yet "at ...
Bacardi has extended its range of flavoured Grey Goose vodkas with the launch of a pear variant in the US....
Bacardi is set to launch a global marketing push behind vodka brand Eristoff....
Bacardi is set to launch a marketing assault behind Noilly Prat vermouth to raise international awareness of the brand....
Havana Club International, the rum joint venture between Pernod Ricard and the Cuban government, plans to open a distillery on the island....
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts