US: Bacardi latest to be linked to Brown-Forman move
A report in the Sunday Telegraph in the UK yesterday (19 April) claimed that the US-based wine and spirits company has hired Lazard to advise it on its options, ranging from selling individual brands to a merger with Bacardi.
Last week, Diageo was the focus of a move for Brown-Forman, although just-drinks understands such a move is highly unlikely.
When contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson for Brown-Forman said: "It is Brown-Forman policy not to comment on, or respond to rumours or media reports, about such issues."
No-one was immediately available for comment at Bacardi, but just-drinks understands from a source close to the company that there has been conact with Brown-Forman regarding a tie-up.
As Pernod Ricard names a new brand director for its gin brands, a recently published report from just-drinks/IWSR suggests it will not be an easy category from which to extract growth. Ben Cooper repo...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The duty-free industry's most important annual trade show, the Tax Free World Association (TFWA) World Exhibition, celebrates its 25th anniversary in Cannes next week. This US$37bn global business has...
Diageo has confirmed a shake-up of its executive team in North America, and the appointment of a global chief for its Tequila portfolio....
Diageo has reported a 6% fall in sales for its first fiscal quarter, but the drinks giant maintained profits guidance for the year....
United Spirits intends to raise funds via a share placement, after a collapse of talks with private equity groups over a stake sale....
Bacardi has launched a global multi-media advertising campaign entitled "Spirit of Bacardi"....
Diageo is set to release a trading statement on its first fiscal quarter at the group's Annual General Meeting on Wednesday (14 October)....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK