US: Bacardi IPO rumours surface again
Bacardi has again faced speculation over a possible stock-market flotation.
The rum giant has repeatedly been the subject of IPO rumours in recent years with disputes between family members reportedly blamed for delaying a listing.
A report in the UK's Sunday Times yesterday (6 August) claimed that Bacardi executives have met with a number of investment banks to discuss a listing on the New York Stock Exchange.
Officials at Bacardi could not be reached for comment as just-drinks went to press.
The privately-owned company has largely sat and watched the spirits industry consolidate around it and industry analysts believe Bacardi may be considering a listing to compete with larger rivals, including Diageo and Pernod Ricard.
Bacardi's last big acquisition took place two years ago when it snapped up premium vodka brand Grey Goose for a rumoured US$2bn. The company is rumoured to be in the running for Tequila producer Herradura, alongside Pernod Ricard and Brown-Forman.
In our first Just the Answer interview of 2007, Dean Best spoke with Nick Blacknell, brand director for Beefeater at Pernod Ricard subsidiary Chivas Brothers, about the company's ambitious re-launch o...
V&S Group has insisted it can do more to drive profits and boost the value of the business. The comments came after V&S chief executive Bengt Baron said the Swedish state-owned company is not yet "at ...
Bacardi has extended its range of flavoured Grey Goose vodkas with the launch of a pear variant in the US....
V&S Group has sold its Florida Distillers business to French spirits group Belvédère for an undisclosed sum....
Appleton Estate is set to launch its Reserve Jamaica rum in the US....
Rising earnings across its business have boosted annual profits at Sweden's V&S Group....
Pernod Ricard is launching a tri-varietal range of Jacob's Creek wines into the UK market....
The International Center for Alcohol Policies has appointed a chairman and vice-chairman....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts