UK: Bacardi in flavoured rum launch
Bacardi has launched two flavoured rums in the UK as it hopes to boost the appeal of its flagship brand to women.
The company said yesterday (12 April) that two flavours - Bacardi Apple and Bacardi Berry - would hit the UK off-trade this month. The launch follows a "successful" debut in Europe and the US.
Fraser McGuire, senior trade marketing manager for Bacardi rum, said: "We've been watching the performance of these flavoured rums in Europe and across the US for the past 12-months and we have recognised huge potential in the UK market where we think flavoured rums could be equally as successful as they are in the US and European markets.
Bacardi said it would spend GBP1.4m (US$2.4m) on a promotion package throughout September and October with an on-trade roll-out slated for the latter part of the year.
With an abv of 32%, Bacardi Apple and Bacardi Berry will be available in 70cl bottles and will retail for around GBP12.49.
Diageo's spiced rum brand, Captain Morgan, has made strong gains in the US spirits market but, as David Robertson reports, it has so far been unable to replicate this success in other markets....
Pernod Ricard's £7.4 billion takeover of Allied Domecq is the biggest drinks deal since the Seagram sell-off, in which it also played a part, and means the acquisitive French conglomerate will double ...
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
The Bacardi family has lost the trustee to its two trusts, according to press reports....
The board of directors of Bacardi Limited have completed the company's chairman succession plan by electing Facundo L. Bacardi chairman of the board effective immediately....
Spirits producer Bacardi has been ordered by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to comply with the Clean Water Act with regard to waste water discharges into the Atlantic Ocean from its dist...
Pernod Ricard is pushing the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to release more info about one of its competitors, according to press reports....
Bacardi has announced a succession plan for the company's chairmanship....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future