Bacardi hires former IMG exec to lead global communications
Gallagher was comms head for IMG under Dolan
Bacardi has appointed an ex-colleague of its interim CEO to the newly-created role of global communications head.
The spirits producer said that Jim Gallagher, a former communications chief for sports and media giant IMG, will work with Bacardi CEO Mike Dolan on internal and external communications. Dolan joined Bacardi in May from IMG, where he was CEO.
Gallagher partly replaces Bacardi's former chief communications & corporate affairs officer Erik Krause, who left the company in April. A spokesperson told just-drinks that, while Krause focussed on corporate communications, Gallagher has a wider remit that also includes brand relations.
“We are delighted to welcome Jim to the Bacardi team,” Dolan said. “With his breadth of business communications and public relations experience at some of the world's largest companies, Jim will be invaluable as we continue to showcase exciting Bacardi initiatives around the world.”
Gallagher joined the company at the end of last month.
Dolan continues to lead Bacardi on an interim basis while the company searches for a permanent replacement.
Four months into its new marketing structure and Bacardi hits the world with a new global campaign for its namesake brand. ...
C&C Group is to release a low-carb, 99% sugar free cider in Australia under its Magners brand. ...
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends