US: Bacardi hails Cuban heritage with rum push
Bacardi has launched a marketing push behind its namesake rum brand that pays homage to its Cuban roots.
The “Vivimos” campaign opened last week with a TV and online spot, Bacardi said on Friday (24 May). The ad, which can be viewed above, shows how events such as Cuba's fight for independence from Spain helped shape the brand.
It features the Cuba Libra cocktail - Bacardi rum, cola and lime - which Bacardi says was created by American soldiers in Havana celebrating the end of the Spanish-American War in 1900.
To read a report on how rum is likely to continue its growth thanks to its versatility, click here.
In the second part of this month's just-drinks management briefing, looking at environmental sustainability in the spirits industry, Ben Cooper highlights the need to work closely with suppliers....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
just-drinks continues its management briefing series on environmental sustainability this month, with a focus on the spirits industry. This, the penultimate part of the four-part briefing, turns the s...
Bacardi’s position as the world’s 12th biggest wine company by volume is based almost entirely on its Martini vermouth and other sparkling wine brand variants. With these products focused in the matur...
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...
The RTDs/High-Strength Premixes market comprises of four product types. Under Spirit-based RTDs there are included products such as Bacardi Breezer but also RTD spirit based premixes such as Jack Dani...
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK