UK: Bacardi gives UK on-trade promo backing
Bacardi has hailed the success of its latest promotional push in the UK on-trade.
The Bermuda-based company said late last week that 'Discover Your Summer Spirit', which focused on pubs and bars in the UK between June and September, had been a "committed" signal of its support for the beleagured on-trade in the country.
Included in the promo push were 'mixability kits', pitcher kits and POS, pushing the Bacardi Superior Rum brand.
"In the increasingly challenging on-trade environment, we are continuing to invest heavily in pub sector by offering value added point of sale materials and practical bar-tools to drive visibility for spirits and ROS for outlets," said Liam Newton, director of marketing for Bacardi Superior Rum.
"As a brand, Bacardi Superior Rum is committed to delivering value back into the on-trade through functional, high quality initiatives that continue to help licensees maximise highly profitable spirit sales over the summer period."
The UK on-trade is having a torrid time this year, with increased excise and prices teaming up with the smoking ban to push drinkers in the country to consuming more at home than in pubs and bars. Figures from the British Beer and Pub Association, released earlier this year, showed that beer sales in pubs fell 10.6% in the three months to 30 June, reaching their lowest level since the Great Depression of the 1930s. Off-trade beer sales in the UK, however, rose by 3.8% during the same period.
Recent results suggest all spirits companies are feeling the effects of the downturn but some are better equipped for long-term growth than others. Jeremy Cunnington of Euromonitor International asses...
Increased investment by multinationals is transforming the rum sector which, according to a new report from just-drinks and IWSR, could be the next "hot" international spirits category. Ben Cooper rep...
A consumer shift to lower-price Bourbon has begun to eat into Brown-Forman's flagship Jack Daniel's and Southern Comfort brands, but several analysts believe the US drinks group remains in decent shap...
Pernod Ricard has announced the launch of a Brazilian rum variant of its multiple spirit-category Seagram's brand in the US....
Rémy Cointreau has lined up the launch of an extension of its Mount Gay rum brand for later this month....
Two UK drinks containing vodka are being forced to re-brand following a complaint under the Portman Group's code of practice....
The head of Pernod Ricard's joint rum venture in Cuba has said he is more optimistic of seeing an end to the country's row with the US, following last year's election of Barack Obama as president....
The chief of Havana Club International, Pernod Ricard's joint venture with the Cuban government, has said that there is still no end in sight in the company's long-running legal row with Bacardi....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report