GLOBAL: Bacardi gives rum brand new global push
Click through to view an image from the campaign
Bacardi has unveiled its latest global advertising campaign for its namesake white rum brand.
“Untameable”, which includes the TV ad “Procession”, will launch in the US and Mexico on Wednesday (20 November), Bacardi announced today. It will roll out in India and Australia next month before hitting all other markets in spring next year.
The campaign uses snapshots of the history of the Bacardi family, which started the company in 1862, such as natural disasters, the Cuban revolution and exile to the US. It is designed to engage millennial consumers, Bacardi said.
“Taking a global creative approach with the campaign allows us to focus all of our marketing resources against a single powerful idea; an idea that's completely ownable to Bacardi (rum) as it is rooted in the brand's history,” said Dmitry Ivanov, Bacardi's senior global rums category director.
As well as the TV ads, the campaign will feature outdoor billboard, print and digital executions, Bacardi said.
A company spokesperson told just-drinks today the ads will be available online in other regions as they launch on TV.
To read an exclusive just-drinks interview with Bacardi's CEO, Ed Shirley, click here.
It looks like 2014 is shaping up to be the year of surprises in the spirits industry. First up, in January, we saw Beam Inc head in a direction that few of us foresaw. Then, today, Whyte & Mackay has ...
Bacardi’s position as the world’s 12th biggest wine company by volume is based almost entirely on its Martini vermouth and other sparkling wine brand variants. With these products focused in the matur...
Alcoholic beverages are drinks that contain ethanol and are generally categorized into three types: beer, spirits (distilled beverages), and wine. Beer is an alcoholic beverage manufactured by the hyd...
Mast-Jägermeister is to take its UK distribution JV in-house....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research