US: Bacardi gets 42 Below shareholder nod
Bacardi has secured the purchase of New Zealand spirits company 42 Below.
The spirits giant confirmed yesterday (12 December) that it has received shareholder acceptance for the purchase, which will cost the company in the region of US$91m.
Having been given the okay from shareholders for 90% of shares of 42 Below, Bacardi said it plans to begin the compulsory acquisition of the shares for which it does not receive acceptances by Friday (15 December).
"Bacardi is thrilled to welcome 42 Below's young and innovative brands into our global portfolio of premium products," said Andreas Gembler, president and CEO of Bacardi. "With substantial investment, time and nurturing, these brands show long-term potential in the global spirits industry, especially in the growing Asia-Pacific region."
The head of 42 Below, Geoff Ross, added: "Bacardi has such an impressive track record of investing in and growing brands. We're so proud that these brands now have the opportunity to become what we always hoped for - global icons of New Zealand."
Beam's acquisition of Teacher's and Laphroaig may not have attracted as much attention as some other elements of the Allied Domecq sell-off but as Michael Cockram, Scotch brand director at Beam Global...
Bacardi has been engaged in a legal battle with Pernod Ricard over the rights to the Havana Club trademark for years. But Patience Gould believes the US-based spirits giant is shooting itself in the f...
Bacardi-Martini is revamping its Martini vermouth and adding to its portfolio in the UK....
Fortune Brands appears to be upping its profile in the impending race to acquire Sweden's Vin & Sprit....
Bacardi has launched Eristoff vodka in India and plans further investment in the country, according to local reports....
Bacardi Brown-Forman Brands (BBFB) is launching the premium Tequila brand Cazadores in the UK on-trade this month....
Spirits giant Bacardi has announced the death of the executive president of its Mexican subsidiary. Manuel Rubiralta Diaz, 63, died unexpectedly yesterday (21 May) in Bermuda....
Diageo's vodka brand Smirnoff has held the top spot in this year's 'Power 100' league of drinks brands. The 2007 chart of the most powerful drinks brands, compiled by brand valuation consultancy Intan...
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research