BERMUDA: Bacardi elects two new directors
Bacardi adds directors to board
Bacardi has confirmed two directorial changes on its board.
The privately-held spirits firm said yesterday (22 July) that Francisco Carrera-Justiz and Theodore Walker have been elected to serve on its 16-member board.
They were both elected at the company’s annual general meeting on 8 July, in Hamilton, Bermuda.
Carrera-Justiz, 43, served on the board of directors of Bacardi as an alternate director from 2002 to 2003. He is a director of Private Banking at Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC, prior to which he was vice president of Private Banking from 1999 to 2006.
Walker, 49, served on Bacardi's board as an alternate director in 2002 and 2003. He is president and CEO of PartnerRe US and is a member of the PartnerRe executive committee, having previously worked for Bacardi International for ten years, first as risk manager and then managing insurance investments.
No-one was available at Bacardi to detail who the two had replaced on the board.
The first management briefing of 2011, brought to you by Euromonitor, looks at what this year will bring for the global drinks industry. Ahead of this, just-drinks looks back to look forward: Our brie...
A down-in-the-dumps Richard Woodard is a Richard Woodard best-avoided. But, the spirits giants of this world can bring him out of his stupor. And, all it would take is a little bit of spending....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits