BERMUDA: Bacardi elects new chairman
The board of directors of Bacardi Limited have completed the company's chairman succession plan by electing Facundo L. Bacardi chairman of the board effective immediately.
Bacardi, 38, has served as vice chairman of the board for three years and has been a director of Bacardi Limited since 1993.
He is the great-great grandson of the company founder, Don Facundo Bacardi Masso, who created the company in 1862 in Santiago de Cuba.
Facundo Bacardi follows Ruben Rodriguez, chairman since 2000, who retired as chairman, but will remain an active member of the board of directors.
"I'm honoured to be elected chairman of the board. Bacardi Limited has a rich history, which I proudly share from a personal and professional level. My focus will be to drive continued growth and maintain the high caliber of our excellent portfolio of premium products," said Bacardi. "We're fortunate to have Andreas Gembler, a strong CEO with the right experience to move the business forward. I look forward to supporting Andreas and the company's management team, and I welcome the opportunity to lead the board in this new role."
Rodriguez said: "I have known and worked with Facundo for ten years and am confident he will keep Bacardi on a continued path of success for the future."
The board of directors of Bacardi Limited also announced it has appointed Adolfo L. Danguillecourt and Barry E. Kabalkin as vice chairmen, effective immediately.
Danguillecourt, 45, is a member of the Bacardi family and has served as a director of Bacardi Limited since 2001. He currently serves as chairman of the Nominating and Governance Committee.
Kabalkin, 50, served as executive vice president of Bacardi Limited from 1997 to 2000, and orchestrated the Company's $2 billion acquisition of Dewar's Scotch whisky, Bombay Sapphire and Bombay gin in 1998. He rejoined Bacardi Limited as a director in 2004. Kabalkin is also the managing director of Pitts Bay Partners in Washington, D.C.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
As the US distillers' association, Discus, for the first time in its history publishes its annual report into spirits advertising, which includes complaints against its self-regulatory code, David Rob...
Spirits producer Bacardi has been ordered by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to comply with the Clean Water Act with regard to waste water discharges into the Atlantic Ocean from its dist...
Pernod Ricard is pushing the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to release more info about one of its competitors, according to press reports....
Bacardi has announced a succession plan for the company's chairmanship....
Bacardi has unveiled the identity of its new CEO and president....
The chairman and chief executive of Bacardi International Ltd. is to retire, according to press reports....
Bacardi Limited and The Glenmorangie Company have said their UK and European distribution agreements will come to an end on 30th June 2005. Moet Hennessy, which acquired The Glenmorangie Company at th...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages