US: Bacardi denies contract breach as New England Patriots file complaint
Bacardi denies the claims
Bacardi has said it “firmly disagrees” with claims by American football team the New England Patriots, which is suing the drinks group for an alleged breach of contract.
The Bermuda-headquartered group has been accused of backing out of of a “multi-million dollar” exclusive sponsorship agreement, which included plans for a Bacardi-branded pavilion at the club's ground, the Boston Globe has reported. In a complaint filed in Suffolk Superior Court last week, the Patriots reportedly said it wasted time and money on the deal due to "bad-faith negotiating" by the spirits firm and does not have time to secure another drinks sponsor.
When contacted by just-drinks today (21 July), Patricia Neal, a Bacardi spokesperson said: "We firmly disagree with the claims in the complaint and will vigorously defend our company’s position."
Bacardi is currently on the hunt for a permanent CEO to replace Ed Shirley, who left the group in April. Michael Dolan is acting as interim CEO for the spirits firm.
Global Spirits Market: News and Events March 2014
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during March 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the ...read more
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
As a longstanding leader in alcoholic drinks in Austria, Bacardi-Martini Austria GmbH benefits from the great popularity of its strong international brands and keeps investing heavily in promotional a...
Last weekend, the Wall Street Journal published a fascinating article that looks at the more recent performance - or lack thereof - of Anheuser-Busch InBev's Budweiser brand in the US....
The world’s seventh largest spirits company, Bacardi also ranks 14th in the global wine market. This profile analyses Bacardi’s efforts to address the significant challenges facing its core fortified ...
I must be getting soft in my old age, but there are two drinks marketing campaigns that have recently launched, which have resonated particularly well with me. The one thing they have in common is tha...
Bacardi’s position as the world’s 12th biggest wine company by volume is based almost entirely on its Martini vermouth and other sparkling wine brand variants. With these products focused in the matur...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018