US: Bacardi denies contract breach as New England Patriots file complaint
Bacardi denies the claims
Bacardi has said it “firmly disagrees” with claims by American football team the New England Patriots, which is suing the drinks group for an alleged breach of contract.
The Bermuda-headquartered group has been accused of backing out of of a “multi-million dollar” exclusive sponsorship agreement, which included plans for a Bacardi-branded pavilion at the club's ground, the Boston Globe has reported. In a complaint filed in Suffolk Superior Court last week, the Patriots reportedly said it wasted time and money on the deal due to "bad-faith negotiating" by the spirits firm and does not have time to secure another drinks sponsor.
When contacted by just-drinks today (21 July), Patricia Neal, a Bacardi spokesperson said: "We firmly disagree with the claims in the complaint and will vigorously defend our company’s position."
Bacardi is currently on the hunt for a permanent CEO to replace Ed Shirley, who left the group in April. Michael Dolan is acting as interim CEO for the spirits firm.
Bacardi has launched a new white corn whiskey brand as it targets growth in flavoured spirits....
The world’s seventh largest spirits company, Bacardi also ranks 14th in the global wine market. This profile analyses Bacardi’s efforts to address the significant challenges facing its core fortified ...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
Bacardi is the world’s seventh largest spirits company and the global leader in rum. This profile analyses the company’s efforts to revitalise its key brands and expand its product offer in the face o...
Bacardi has launched a range of Single Cane Estate rums, describing them as the "new single malt" of the category....
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during May 2015....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends