BERMUDA: Bacardi creates chief comm's, corporate affairs officer post
Bacardi has recruited Eric Kraus to fill the new post
Eric Kraus will assume the newly-created position at the end of this month, Bacardi said earlier today (10 January). Kraus, 51, joins the company from Covidien – previously known as Tyco Healthcare – where he is the current senior VP of corporate communications & public affairs.
He will “lead all facets of Bacardi internal and external corporate communications, governmental and public affairs, and corporate responsibility programmes in sustainability, social responsibility and philanthropy.”, Bacardi said.
Prior to joining Covidien in July 2006, Kraus spent 13 years with The Gillette Company, staying with the firm when it merged with Procter & Gamble in 2005. Before this, he was a public relations manager for Miller Brewing Company.
Reporting in to president & CEO Ed Shirley, Kraus will operate out of Bacardi's headquarters in Bermuda.
Earlier this week, Bacardi snapped up the St-Germain elderflower liqueur brand.
A recent bout of activity in the Cognac region - from investment to divestment - suggests lively times ahead for the brandy and Cognac category. Ian Buxton looks at the headlines, and sees his eye bei...
A study, conducted by brand valuation agency Brand Finance, has ranked the world's biggest drinks brands by their value. We've compiled the top 20 into a table below:...
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's spirits brands. Here's a look at the top ten, along with the methodology use...
The ten fastest-growing spirits brands in the US ranked by percentage increase in volume in 2012 versus 2011: ...
Diageo is accelerating its expansion into Russia's rum market with the launch of a domestically-produced version of value brand Shark Tooth....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne