INDIA: Bacardi convinces India to go "back to rum"
Ashish Mishra, marketing controller at Bacardi-Martini India told the Indian newspaper Economic Times: "Rum was the entry point for the young drinker. But after a certain age and as he got his first promotion, he moved on to other spirits. With our Bacardi Reserva premium aged rum, we are trying to target the consumer who has not forgotten those days."
Weekend holiday packages called the Bacardi Reserva Weekend Trials are also being launched by the company, which wants to target "successful and fun-loving corporate executives" who do not have time for long annual holidays and prefer short breaks.
"Our customer is interested in short-term breaks. By offering him a value-added experience, we aim to create a stronger relationship with the brand. The company hopes to develop the weekend packages as a property that would establish a strong relationship with the consumer and build the brand," said Mishra.
Companies: Bacardi Ltd
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
As the US distillers' association, Discus, for the first time in its history publishes its annual report into spirits advertising, which includes complaints against its self-regulatory code, David Rob...
The board of directors of Bacardi Limited have completed the company's chairman succession plan by electing Facundo L. Bacardi chairman of the board effective immediately....
Spirits producer Bacardi has been ordered by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to comply with the Clean Water Act with regard to waste water discharges into the Atlantic Ocean from its dist...
Pernod Ricard is pushing the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to release more info about one of its competitors, according to press reports....
Bacardi has announced a succession plan for the company's chairmanship....
Bacardi has unveiled the identity of its new CEO and president....
The chairman and chief executive of Bacardi International Ltd. is to retire, according to press reports....
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages