INDIA: Bacardi convinces India to go "back to rum"
Bacardi-Martini, the world's largest rum producer has launched an international 'back to rum movement' as it plans to build its marketshare in India.Ashish Mishra, marketing controller at Bacardi-Martini India told the Indian newspaper Economic Times: "Rum was the entry point for the young drinker. But after a certain age and as he got his first promotion, he moved on to other spirits. With our Bacardi Reserva premium aged rum, we are trying to target the consumer who has not forgotten those days."Weekend holiday packages called the Bacardi Reserva Weekend Trials are also being launched by the company, which wants to target "successful and fun-loving corporate executives" who do not have time for long annual holidays and prefer short breaks."Our customer is interested in short-term breaks. By offering him a value-added experience, we aim to create a stronger relationship with the brand. The company hopes to develop the weekend packages as a property that would establish a strong relationship with the consumer and build the brand," said Mishra.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer