GLOBAL: Bacardi consumers offered Schumacher shotgun drive
Bacardi is offering consumers the chance to be in the passenger seat next to Michael Schumacher, the Formula One racing driver, on a racetrack circuit, as part of its responsible drinking campaign.
Schumacher, who is the company's global social responsibility ambassador, will drive 28 adults from select markets around the world on the Ascari race track in southern Spain.
"I am eager to spread this message that drinking and driving don't mix," said Schumacher. "It is a topic I personally feel strongly about."
The promotion is part of a Bacardi global social responsibility campaign launched in April, to encourage drivers to know the options available to avoid drinking and driving.
The prize draw will take place in March and winners must be available to travel between 11-14 May.
Spirits such as soju and cachaça may be less well known than vodka and whisky, but according to a new report from IWSR and just-drinks, could offer considerable benefits to multinationals, both in und...
The global drinks consumer is heading for "safety" when it comes to drinks brands, according to a recent report....
Already battling the recession, those attending next week's Tax Free World Association (TFWA) Asia Pacific Exhibition are nervously watching developments in the swine flu outbreak, remembering the adv...
Brown-Forman is to launch a nationwide competition with its Chambord liqueur brand, to find the official cocktail for the forthcoming West End production of Breakfast at Tiffany's....
William Grant & Sons has followed its switch of marketing director last week with the appointment of a new director....
Bacardi US has expanded its ready-to-drink portfolio with the inclusion of a Classic Cocktail Raspberry Mojito....
William Grant & Sons has appointed the current MD of Bacardi's travel retail unit as its new group marketing director....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends