Bacardi confirms North America job cuts
Bacardi is implementing a cost-cutting programme in the US
Bacardi is moving ahead with plans to lay off around 10% of its staff in North America.
A spokesperson for the privately-owned spirits producer confirmed a report in the Wall Street Journal today which said Bacardi will eliminate "fewer than 80 positions" from its 600-strong workforce in the region. The move is reportedly part of a cost-cutting restructure.
A company statement, emailed to just-drinks, said: "To greater meet the demands of an ever-changing global marketplace, we regularly adjust staffing - to expand or retract - and business structure to best support business needs. As business decisions are taken, we first communicate with our employees. It is business as usual at Bacardi in North America."
The company has made a number of senior executive changes since Mike Dolan was confirmed as its permanent CEO at the beginning of the year. In January, Bacardi appointed a new group CMO while, in February, the firm's US CMO stepped down. The company has also appointed a new head for its Latin America & Caribbean business and a new head of rums.
Earlier this month, at the annual CAGE conference in London, LVMH CFO Jean-Jacques Guiony presented an eye-opening look at how the luxury goods category operates. What can the spirits category learn f...
Bacardi Brown-Forman Brands (BBFB) is to take over UK distribution of Old Forester Kentucky Bourbon from Mangrove....
Bacardi has signed a deal with Russian spirits producer Synergy to bottle its William Lawson's blended Scotch whisky in Moscow. ...
Bacardi has redesigned its Martini portfolio and unveiled a new brand strategy as it looks to focus on the 'Modern Aperitivo' occasion. ...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts