US: Bacardi completes Grey Goose acquisition
Bacardi has completed its purchase of Grey Goose vodka after winning regulatory clearance from the US Federal Trade Commission. The company is now focused on quickly integrating the premium French vodka into its portfolio and will make few immediate changes to the brand management strategy used by seller Sidney Frank Importing, Bacardi Ltd chairman Ruben Rodriguez told just-drinks.com.
"Success speaks for itself," he said. "We will continue doing what they've been doing and continue growing the brand as they've been doing. It would be foolish for us to try to deviate from that successful formula and strategy."
Rodriguez declined to say how much Bacardi paid for the brand; press reports pegged the price at about US$2 bln.
Bacardi has steadily diversified its spirits line-up in recent years by adding Dewar's Scotch whisky and Bombay Sapphire gin in 1998 and Cazadores Blue Agave Tequila in 2002. The company may still be looking to fill additional gaps in its portfolio, Rodriguez said.
"We would like to do some other things, but I don't think I should comment on that at this time," he said.
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
As the US distillers' association, Discus, for the first time in its history publishes its annual report into spirits advertising, which includes complaints against its self-regulatory code, David Rob...
Mexico, the US and Canada will sign an accord aimed at boosting the quality of Tequila-based produced outside Mexico, a spokeswoman for supplier's lobby Consejo Regulador del Tequila (CRT) confirmed t...
Pernod Ricard is pushing the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to release more info about one of its competitors, according to press reports....
Bacardi has announced a succession plan for the company's chairmanship....
Bacardi has unveiled the identity of its new CEO and president....
The chairman and chief executive of Bacardi International Ltd. is to retire, according to press reports....
Bacardi Limited and The Glenmorangie Company have said their UK and European distribution agreements will come to an end on 30th June 2005. Moet Hennessy, which acquired The Glenmorangie Company at th...
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research