BERMUDA: Bacardi CMO to stand down
Another HR change has been announced at Bacardi
Bacardi has confirmed that its CMO is to leave the company, just over two years after assuming the role.
The company said earlier today (1 November) that Silvia Lagnado, who also holds the presidency at Bacardi Global Brands, will vacate the two positions “over the next few months”. In a three-sentence statement, the firm said Lagnado is leaving “to pursue other interests”.
A new CMO will be announced “in due course”, Bacardi said.
Lagnado was unveiled as chief marketing officer in September 2010. Joining Bacardi after 24 years with Unilever, she replaced Stella David, who left Bacardi in August 2009 to become chief executive of William Grant & Sons.
“We thank Silvia for her contributions and dedication to the company and wish her every success,” said Bacardi's president and CEO, Ed Shirley, in today's statement.
A Bacardi spokesperson declined to comment further on the statement given.
Earlier this week, Bacardi announced that its current CFO, Jacques Croisetière, will retire at the end of the year.
In this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper looks at the alcoholic drinks industry's attempts to reduce alcohol harm and promote responsible consumption. Part one of this four-part briefing consid...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018