BERMUDA: Bacardi CMO to stand down
Another HR change has been announced at Bacardi
Bacardi has confirmed that its CMO is to leave the company, just over two years after assuming the role.
The company said earlier today (1 November) that Silvia Lagnado, who also holds the presidency at Bacardi Global Brands, will vacate the two positions “over the next few months”. In a three-sentence statement, the firm said Lagnado is leaving “to pursue other interests”.
A new CMO will be announced “in due course”, Bacardi said.
Lagnado was unveiled as chief marketing officer in September 2010. Joining Bacardi after 24 years with Unilever, she replaced Stella David, who left Bacardi in August 2009 to become chief executive of William Grant & Sons.
“We thank Silvia for her contributions and dedication to the company and wish her every success,” said Bacardi's president and CEO, Ed Shirley, in today's statement.
A Bacardi spokesperson declined to comment further on the statement given.
Earlier this week, Bacardi announced that its current CFO, Jacques Croisetière, will retire at the end of the year.
In this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper looks at the alcoholic drinks industry's attempts to reduce alcohol harm and promote responsible consumption. Part one of this four-part briefing consid...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015