BERMUDA: Bacardi chairmanship plans revealed
Bacardi has announced a succession plan for the company's chairmanship. The company's board of directors said today (18 May) that Ruben Rodriguez, the current chairman, will remain in the position after the company's forthcoming annual general meeting next month and throughout a transitional period with newly-named president and chief executive officer, Andreas Gembler.
Upon completion of this transitional period, Rodriguez will retire as chairman, but remain an active member of the board of directors. The board has also indicated it intends to elect Facundo L. Bacardi, currently deputy chairman and a former vice chairman, as its new chairman. This would be the ninth chairman in the history of the 143 year old company.
Facundo Bacardi, 38, is the great-great grandson of the company founder, Don Facundo Bacardí Massó. He has held the position of deputy chairman of the board for the past year and has been a director of Bacardi since 1993. He is also founder and president of BacardiWorks LLC, a private equity and real estate investment company in Miami.
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
As the US distillers' association, Discus, for the first time in its history publishes its annual report into spirits advertising, which includes complaints against its self-regulatory code, David Rob...
The Bacardi family has lost the trustee to its two trusts, according to press reports....
The board of directors of Bacardi Limited have completed the company's chairman succession plan by electing Facundo L. Bacardi chairman of the board effective immediately....
Spirits producer Bacardi has been ordered by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to comply with the Clean Water Act with regard to waste water discharges into the Atlantic Ocean from its dist...
Pernod Ricard is pushing the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) to release more info about one of its competitors, according to press reports....
Bacardi has unveiled the identity of its new CEO and president....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research