UK: Bacardi celebrates La Legacia in UK
Bacardi has begun its 'La Legacia' celebrations for the UK on-trade, introducing the sector to the legacy of Don Facundo Bacardi Massó and allowing attendees to create new cocktails for the occasion.
The rum company said on Friday (8 February) that a series of six La Legacia events, hosted by a seventh generation descendent of Don Facundo Bacardi Massó, will run until 13 February celebrating the anniversary of Bacardi's creation in 1862.
The events will mark the first time in-depth knowledge about the history and heritage of the company has been shared outside of the Bacardi family or its master blenders, the company said.
Bacardi master blender José Gomez said: "All of the Maestros de Ron Bacardi are very proud of what we create and I'm looking forward to showing the UK market that Bacardi Superior Rum is a noble and classic spirit."
Bacardi director of marketing Liam Newton added: "In a time when both bartenders and consumers are becoming more brand savvy, La Legacia will give us a fantastic platform to communicate these wonderful stories about Bacardi Superior Rum, as well as the passionate individuals behind it, in an intimate and personal way."
The company said that the La Legacia de Don Facundo Bacardi Massó events will challenge attendees to "take that legacy forward and create the next generation of Bacardi legacy cocktails". The company added that the initiative, which will be launched at the event, will be "rolled out over the coming months and will look to create a whole new list of classics".
In its elegant decanter, Patrón is a symbol of the maturing Tequila market. Its traditional 'shooter and slammer' image is long gone and in its place is a much more sophisticated drink now sipped by s...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news the world's number one wine group was to reduce its Australian footprint, Coca-Cola has acquired assets in Colombia and Diageo i...
Thirty five of the world's 100 largest-selling spirits brands by volume are Asian, according to new research....
Bacardi has confirmed a change of leadership at the family-owned drinks company. Facundo Bacardi, the Bermuda-based company's chairman, announced today (4 August) that Seamus McBride will replace Andr...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Family-owned spirits producer Heaven Hill Distilleries has added two new flavoured line extensions to its Georgia Moon corn whiskey brand in the US....
The first Bacardi Store opened on Bay Street in downtown Nassau, Bahamas yesterday (31 July)....
Bacardi has acquired a "significant" - albeit unspecified - minority stake in The Patrón Spirits Company....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends