UK: Bacardi Brown-Forman strikes liqueurs deals
The company, a UK sales and distribution venture between Bacardi and Brown-Forman, announced the two deals yesterday (27 September).
BBFB is planning a national roll-out of Tuaca, an Italian vanilla and citrus-flavoured liqueur, later this year after already "excellent growth" in cities including London and Brighton.
The company said it plans to invest "heavily" in growing the on-trade presence of Chambord, a French black raspberry liqueur bought by Brown-Forman in July. BBFB said it will focus on promoting Chambord as "a key cocktail ingredient" in top-end UK bars.
Bruce Ray, director of trade marketing for BBFB called Chambord a "fantastic acquisition" for the company. He added: "Tuaca is a unique liqueur with a very distinctive taste that differentiates it from many products already on the market and we look forward to seeing strong results and positive growth for the brand over the next 12 months."
Danes Ltd previously handled Tuaca in the UK, while Malcolm Cowen distributed Chambord.
Finnish state-owned beverage alcohol group Altia Corporation today (21 March) confirmed that it is eyeing the Nordic operations of Absolut vodka owner V&S Group....
Bacardi has appointed experienced duty-free executive Michael Coleman as its European travel retail director....
V&S Group is mulling whether to launch a television push behind flagship vodka Absolut in the UK....
Russian Standard Vodka has appointed a general director to oversee expansion both at home and abroad. Carlo Radicati will assume the position at the company, which is owned by Russian billionaire Rous...
An Irish company is set to launch what it describes as "the world's first super-premium cream liqueur"....
Bacardi is looking to take its bid for the Spanish rights to Havana Club rum to the country's Supreme Court....
Constellation Brands appears to have backed out of the race to buy Absolut vodka....
An appeals court in Spain has thrown out a bid from Bacardi to claim the local trademark rights to Havana Club rum....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets