UK: Bacardi, Brown-Forman extend alliance
The agreement, which began in 2002, has been extended for five more years until 2012. Under the deal, the companies share a sales and logistics force but market their brand portfolios separately.
Bacardi-Martini CEO John Beard said sales of the company's brands had grown "significantly" since the two companies had joined forces.
"The complimentary portfolio of leading premium bar-call spirits ensures we are well positioned to take advantage of the numerous opportunities within the UK market," he added.
Brown-Forman UK managing director Andrew Wilby added that he was "very pleased" that the company's deal with Bacardi-Martini had been extended.
Earlier this week, the companies announced that they would handle the distribution of Brown-Forman's liqueur brands Tuaca and Chambord in the UK.
Finnish state-owned beverage alcohol group Altia Corporation today (21 March) confirmed that it is eyeing the Nordic operations of Absolut vodka owner V&S Group....
Bacardi has appointed experienced duty-free executive Michael Coleman as its European travel retail director....
V&S Group is mulling whether to launch a television push behind flagship vodka Absolut in the UK....
Russian Standard Vodka has appointed a general director to oversee expansion both at home and abroad. Carlo Radicati will assume the position at the company, which is owned by Russian billionaire Rous...
An Irish company is set to launch what it describes as "the world's first super-premium cream liqueur"....
Bacardi is looking to take its bid for the Spanish rights to Havana Club rum to the country's Supreme Court....
Constellation Brands appears to have backed out of the race to buy Absolut vodka....
An appeals court in Spain has thrown out a bid from Bacardi to claim the local trademark rights to Havana Club rum....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review