UK: Bacardi Brown-Forman appoints director
The unit, which is a UK distribution joint venture between the two drinks giants, said yesterday (20 November) that Bruce Ray will assume the position with immediate effect. Gary Squire, meanwhile, will move from director of on-trade sales for the BBFB portfolio to replace Ray as director of trade marketing.
In the new position, Ray will work across both the Bacardi-Martini and Brown-Forman businesses within the UK market, implementing and updating the external affairs policies for both companies.
He will also work with various trade bodies on issues such as the introduction of new government policies, implementing legal drinking age laws, smoking bans, taxation, and responsible marketing.
"In an industry as fast-paced as the licensed trade, staying on top of new and changing policies, as well as all of the topical issues relating to the drinks industry in the UK is a full time job," said Ray. "This exciting new role … will ensure that both the Bacardi-Martini and Brown-Forman portfolios are at the cutting edge of innumerable issues that directly impact upon the licensed trade, helping us to market effectively while providing high quality advice to licensees, retailers and on to purchasers and consumers."
Beam's acquisition of Teacher's and Laphroaig may not have attracted as much attention as some other elements of the Allied Domecq sell-off but as Michael Cockram, Scotch brand director at Beam Global...
Bringing together the great and the good of the world's whisky distillers, The World Whisky Conference - which ran this week in Glasgow - saw just-drinks out in force. Chris Brook-Carter looks back at...
Bacardi has been engaged in a legal battle with Pernod Ricard over the rights to the Havana Club trademark for years. But Patience Gould believes the US-based spirits giant is shooting itself in the f...
Brown-Forman has called time on its Tequila joint venture with the Orendain family....
Diageo's vodka brand Smirnoff has held the top spot in this year's 'Power 100' league of drinks brands. The 2007 chart of the most powerful drinks brands, compiled by brand valuation consultancy Intan...
Bacardi USA has signed a lease for a new headquarters currently in construction in Florida....
Brown-Forman is lining up the sale of its Paso Robles winery and vineyards in California as part of a streamlining of its wine operations....
Empire Merchants has formed a sales division to represent the Bacardi, Brown-Forman and Rémy Cointreau brands New York....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- How Modern Marketing Compounds My Twitter Shame
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- China to axe duty on Australian wine
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research