INDIA: Bacardi brings Bacardi Black to India
Click through to see a bottle-shot of Bacardi Black
Bacardi India has launched its Bacardi Black dark rum in India in an effort to up its presence in the country’s premium rum market.
India’s rum market is currently worth around 38m cases and the country has a loyal dark rum drinking culture, especially in its military.
“With Bacardi Black we are offering a premium dark rum to the discerning rum drinker and those who want to ladder up in this category”, Mahesh Madhavan, CEO of Bacardi-Martini India, told just-drinks this week.
The aged rum will be priced at INR650 (US$14.30) per bottle in Delhi, with a national roll-out expected to be completed by April. Bacardi Black will go up against top sellers in India like Old Monk and McDowell’s, which are priced much lower and fall in a different segment.
Bacardi's namesake white rum brand is already available in India.
Bacardi has released a television advert for its Grey Goose vodka brand in the US....
Bacardi has started a television and cinema advertising campaign in the UK for its namesake rum brand....
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites