INDIA: Bacardi brings Bacardi Black to India
Click through to see a bottle-shot of Bacardi Black
Bacardi India has launched its Bacardi Black dark rum in India in an effort to up its presence in the country’s premium rum market.
India’s rum market is currently worth around 38m cases and the country has a loyal dark rum drinking culture, especially in its military.
“With Bacardi Black we are offering a premium dark rum to the discerning rum drinker and those who want to ladder up in this category”, Mahesh Madhavan, CEO of Bacardi-Martini India, told just-drinks this week.
The aged rum will be priced at INR650 (US$14.30) per bottle in Delhi, with a national roll-out expected to be completed by April. Bacardi Black will go up against top sellers in India like Old Monk and McDowell’s, which are priced much lower and fall in a different segment.
Bacardi's namesake white rum brand is already available in India.
Bacardi has released a television advert for its Grey Goose vodka brand in the US....
Bacardi has started a television and cinema advertising campaign in the UK for its namesake rum brand....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends