US: Bacardi begins Tequila Cazadores US tour
Bacardi USA has announced the launch of a 20-stop "Las Chicas US tour", which began in Los Angeles last week, for the Tequila Cazadores brand.
The tour, which also included sponsorship of the Oscar De La Hoya and Steve Forbes boxing bout. features Las Chicas, a group of brand advocates from Jalisco, Mexico, Bacardi said late last week. Throughout the tour, Las Chicas will educate consumers on different aspects of Mexican culture and heritage including traditional music, dance, costume, and Tequila.
"Tequila Cazadores is proud to be a part of Oscar De La Hoya's homecoming to Los Angeles," said Antonio Pujala, brand director for Tequila Cazadores. "It's the perfect venue for us to kick off our 2008 Las Chicas Tour because our fans in Los Angeles understand and appreciate the authenticity, heritage and quality of a premium tequila."
A full-scale marketing programme for the tour will include extensive radio promotions, targeted print media, off-premise activation via industry-leading point of sale materials during the key Cinco de Mayo period, and promotional activities in restaurants, bars and nightclubs including margarita features and other authentic Mexican cocktails.
Bacardi-Martini acquired the Tequila Cazadores brand from the Don Felix Banuelos family in 2002.
Consumer markets may be bracing themselves for the impact of the economic downturn, but Patrón Spirits Company has no intention of being deflected from its marketing-led growth strategy. In this month...
Diageo has lined up a new marketing campaign in the US for its Jose Cuervo Tequila brand....
The Patrón Spirits Company has finalised a partnership with Aer Rianta to list Patrón at Moscow airports Domodedovo, Sheremetyevo, and Vnukovo, and St Petersburg's Pulkovo airport....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Spirits importer Central Texas Spirits, Inc. has lined up the launch of three Tequilas from El Gran Jubileo in the US later this month....
Diageo is one of several multinational drinks firms interested in purchasing a stake in Indian group United Spirits, just-drinks understands....
Bacardi Brown-Forman Brands has announced the 'soft launch' of premium Fijian rum brand, Seven Tiki....
Bacardi Martini India is planning a new marketing drive across its brands, in order to capitalise on the country's growing thirst for premium spirits....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report