Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Share Brands deal
The purchase of Angel's Envy marks Bacardi's entry into the Bourbon category
Bacardi has entered the Bourbon category with the purchase of the Louisville-based Angel's Share Brands, owner of the "super-premium" Angel's Envy.
The deal, which closed on Friday, includes Angel’s Share subsidiary - and Angel's Envy producer - Louisville Distilling, Bacardi said today. Financial details of the acquisition have not been disclosed.
According to Bacardi, Angel's Envy is one of the top ten fastest growing super-premium Bourbons in the US. The brand has three expressions - flagship product Angel's Envy Port Finished Bourbon as well as Finished Rye and Craft Strength. The business will continue as a standalone operation, Bacardi said, with employee base, production and distribution remaining unchanged.
"The purchase of Angel’s Share Brands and the Angel's Envy portfolio further reinforces our commitment to growing the super-premium spirits sector," Bacardi's CEO, Mike Dolan, said.
The deal includes the under-construction Angel's Envy distillery and visitor centre in downtown Louisville, due to open next year.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts