BERMUDA: Bacardi Asia Pacific chief to retire
The change of Asia Pacific head for Bacardi takes effect next month
Bacardi has confirmed a change of Asia Pacific regional president, with the present incumbent set to retire.
The company said earlier today (20 August) that Siddik Tetík is set to assume the position, which will be vacated when Harold Dyrvik calls time on his tenure on 3 September. Tetík joins Bacardi from Procter & Gamble, where he is the current head of the firm's operations in the Philippines.
Based out of Hong Kong, Tetík, 53, will “manage the execution of the overall commercial strategy for the Asia Pacific region,as well as the general management of the … business, and countries within North and South-East Asia”.
As well as spending time with P&G, Tetik was also CEO of Gillette’s joint venture with the People’s Republic of China in addition to leading the Hong Kong and Taiwan businesses.
Dyrvik who is retiring after seven years in the position, will remain with Bacardi on a consultative basis until the end of the year.
Bacardi's Asia Pacific region comprises 19 countries, including Australia, New Zealand, China and India.
In this, the third part of Euromonitor International's preview of the year ahead, senior alcoholic drinks analysts Jeremy Cunnington and Spiros Malandrakis turn their attention to the global spirits c...
This month, Ian Buxton takes a look at an idea that, should it come to fruition, will send shockwaves through the Scotch whisky industry. In Scotland, he notes, there seems to be water, water everywhe...
While there has been huge focus in the spirits sector on emerging markets in recent years, a new report from Euromonitor International suggests prioritising development in these up-and-coming regions ...
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India