BERMUDA: Bacardi Asia Pacific chief to retire
The change of Asia Pacific head for Bacardi takes effect next month
Bacardi has confirmed a change of Asia Pacific regional president, with the present incumbent set to retire.
The company said earlier today (20 August) that Siddik Tetík is set to assume the position, which will be vacated when Harold Dyrvik calls time on his tenure on 3 September. Tetík joins Bacardi from Procter & Gamble, where he is the current head of the firm's operations in the Philippines.
Based out of Hong Kong, Tetík, 53, will “manage the execution of the overall commercial strategy for the Asia Pacific region,as well as the general management of the … business, and countries within North and South-East Asia”.
As well as spending time with P&G, Tetik was also CEO of Gillette’s joint venture with the People’s Republic of China in addition to leading the Hong Kong and Taiwan businesses.
Dyrvik who is retiring after seven years in the position, will remain with Bacardi on a consultative basis until the end of the year.
Bacardi's Asia Pacific region comprises 19 countries, including Australia, New Zealand, China and India.
In this, the third part of Euromonitor International's preview of the year ahead, senior alcoholic drinks analysts Jeremy Cunnington and Spiros Malandrakis turn their attention to the global spirits c...
This month, Ian Buxton takes a look at an idea that, should it come to fruition, will send shockwaves through the Scotch whisky industry. In Scotland, he notes, there seems to be water, water everywhe...
While there has been huge focus in the spirits sector on emerging markets in recent years, a new report from Euromonitor International suggests prioritising development in these up-and-coming regions ...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Beam Suntory rolls out Larios gin range to UK
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends