GLOBAL: Bacardi appoints new CMO
Bacardi will have a new CMO from April
Andy Gibson, 44, will also be president of Bacardi global brands and joins the company in “late April”, the firm said today (4 February). He replaces Silvia Lagnado, who left the company at the end of 2012 to “pursue other interests”.
Gibson, who will be based at the company's global brands HQ in London, will be responsible for the “overall leadership and strategic direction” of the group's brands, it said.
His last role was CMO at Carlton & United Breweries, part of Foster's Group, having joined in November 2011. Prior to that, Gibson spent 12 years at Diageo, where he held various senior management and marketing roles in Europe, North and Latin America, Asia Pacific and Australia.
At Bacardi, Gibson will serve as a member of its “leadership team” and report to Ed Shirley, Bacardi's president & CEO.
Shirley said: “His (Gibson's) experience, depth of industry knowledge and proven leadership ability will be strong assets, as we broaden the awareness of our family of iconic Bacardi brands, further expand market opportunities and, ultimately, drive growth.”
Last month, Bacardi appointed a chief communications & corporate affairs officer, a newly-created position at the company.
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- The global beer category - The facts
- Heineken Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research