GLOBAL: Bacardi appoints new CMO
Bacardi will have a new CMO from April
Andy Gibson, 44, will also be president of Bacardi global brands and joins the company in “late April”, the firm said today (4 February). He replaces Silvia Lagnado, who left the company at the end of 2012 to “pursue other interests”.
Gibson, who will be based at the company's global brands HQ in London, will be responsible for the “overall leadership and strategic direction” of the group's brands, it said.
His last role was CMO at Carlton & United Breweries, part of Foster's Group, having joined in November 2011. Prior to that, Gibson spent 12 years at Diageo, where he held various senior management and marketing roles in Europe, North and Latin America, Asia Pacific and Australia.
At Bacardi, Gibson will serve as a member of its “leadership team” and report to Ed Shirley, Bacardi's president & CEO.
Shirley said: “His (Gibson's) experience, depth of industry knowledge and proven leadership ability will be strong assets, as we broaden the awareness of our family of iconic Bacardi brands, further expand market opportunities and, ultimately, drive growth.”
Last month, Bacardi appointed a chief communications & corporate affairs officer, a newly-created position at the company.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head