GLOBAL: Bacardi appoints new CMO
Bacardi will have a new CMO from April
Andy Gibson, 44, will also be president of Bacardi global brands and joins the company in “late April”, the firm said today (4 February). He replaces Silvia Lagnado, who left the company at the end of 2012 to “pursue other interests”.
Gibson, who will be based at the company's global brands HQ in London, will be responsible for the “overall leadership and strategic direction” of the group's brands, it said.
His last role was CMO at Carlton & United Breweries, part of Foster's Group, having joined in November 2011. Prior to that, Gibson spent 12 years at Diageo, where he held various senior management and marketing roles in Europe, North and Latin America, Asia Pacific and Australia.
At Bacardi, Gibson will serve as a member of its “leadership team” and report to Ed Shirley, Bacardi's president & CEO.
Shirley said: “His (Gibson's) experience, depth of industry knowledge and proven leadership ability will be strong assets, as we broaden the awareness of our family of iconic Bacardi brands, further expand market opportunities and, ultimately, drive growth.”
Last month, Bacardi appointed a chief communications & corporate affairs officer, a newly-created position at the company.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future