GLOBAL: Bacardi appoints new CMO
Bacardi will have a new CMO from April
Andy Gibson, 44, will also be president of Bacardi global brands and joins the company in “late April”, the firm said today (4 February). He replaces Silvia Lagnado, who left the company at the end of 2012 to “pursue other interests”.
Gibson, who will be based at the company's global brands HQ in London, will be responsible for the “overall leadership and strategic direction” of the group's brands, it said.
His last role was CMO at Carlton & United Breweries, part of Foster's Group, having joined in November 2011. Prior to that, Gibson spent 12 years at Diageo, where he held various senior management and marketing roles in Europe, North and Latin America, Asia Pacific and Australia.
At Bacardi, Gibson will serve as a member of its “leadership team” and report to Ed Shirley, Bacardi's president & CEO.
Shirley said: “His (Gibson's) experience, depth of industry knowledge and proven leadership ability will be strong assets, as we broaden the awareness of our family of iconic Bacardi brands, further expand market opportunities and, ultimately, drive growth.”
Last month, Bacardi appointed a chief communications & corporate affairs officer, a newly-created position at the company.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets